The Blue Rock results from crossing Barred Plymouth Rocks and Blue Andalusians leaving us with a sex-linked, production breed. These striking birds are monochromatic – hens being largely light gray fading into a charcoal head. Your rooster has that same light gray bottom half but with charcoal barring from the hackle to the tail. As chicks they have a lot of variety in color, ranging from nearly lavender to black. Blue Rocks are quite hardy and cold tolerant. Blue Rocks produce 225-250 large cream eggs per year. Also known as: Sapphire Rocks, Sapphire Blues, Sapphire Blue Rocks, Plymouth Blues.
Hatched and shipped by Mt. Healthy Hatchery, a third generation family owned and operated poultry business. From their humble beginnings in the 1920’s, Mt. Healthy Hatcheries has grown to produce over 4 million chicks, ducks and game birds annually. Their mission is to hatch America’s healthiest chicks!
These are day-old chicks. 1 pack = 10 birds.
Important things to know before you order:
- Chicks are delivered to your post office. It is your responsibility to pick up your chick from the post office.
- Chicks cannot be returned.
- If you would like to modify or cancel your chick order, changes must be made within 24 hours of ordering by contacting us at (660) 269-5250 or email@example.com.
- Chick orders ship 2-6 weeks after ordering. You will receive an estimated ship date 3 days after your order is placed.
- For more detailed information about ordering chicks online visit our information page here.