Delaware Live Poultry, 10 Birds
Delawares were developed in the state of Delaware from off-colored sports of a Barred Plymouth Rock and New Hampshire Red cross. They have a similar genetic makeup to Barred Plymouth Rocks except that they lack the E gene that allows for the extension of black; therefore, limiting the black plumage to the hackles, primaries, secondaries and the tail feathers. Delaware chicks are primarily light yellow, or cream colored with some having a few black specks or spots mostly on top of the head, wings and wing tips. They have single combs and clean, yellow legs and feet. Adults have a similar body shape to New Hampshire Reds with a Columbian plumage pattern.
These are day-old chicks. 1 pack = 10 birds.
Important things to know before you order:
- Chicks are delivered to your post office. It is your responsibility to pick up your chick from the post office.
- Chicks cannot be returned.
- If you would like to modify or cancel your chick order, changes must be made within 24 hours of ordering by contacting us at (660) 269-5250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chick orders ship 2-6 weeks after ordering. You will receive an estimated ship date 3 days after your order is placed.
- For more detailed information about ordering chicks online visit our information page here.